Friday, December 31, 2010
GOODBYE 2010;
ANOTHER YEAR & FREAKING OUT.Today, dad made me throw out stuff from my room which I am hopelessly attached to & I fully screamed at him to get out because I didn't want to clean & throw stuff out. Ever since, we made the new study room in our house, dad's been crazy about rearranging furniture, cleaning out rooms for a more "mature, highschool look" especially since Sarah's going to hs next year.
Sarah was completely obedient & helped in cleaning stuff out of her room so now, apart from a few pretty things, it's practically empty [she took out all her barbie dolls, xylophone, other junk] while I refused, clinging onto the smallest keychains & pretty boxes, cards, old stories I wrote. I guess it says stuff about a person. Maybe I'm not ready for a new year. We brought a shelf down from my room for the new studyroom [which has now replaced the TV] & so there's this weird empty space in my room. In the end, I threw out creative writing pieces, artworks [which are sort of bad because they were from way back in primary school] & a couple of random pens & morningglory things that I thought were pretty at the time.
We went to campsie buffet again because mum loves that place; she can eat a whole plate of prawns by herself. It's a wonder she still stays slim LOL. I wish I had that gene. Regardless, we all stacked our plates up with korean food [meat, meat, meat, chicken, meat, noodles, meat, meat]. There was this senile grandpa that kept yelling to a group of grandmas next to us & it was weird. I don't know. I don't think really old people care about how they look or act in public, after all, everyone around them must look like children to them. I scooped ice cream for Sarah & she was grinning the whole time eating it & she also finished a whole plate of prawns on top of her meal. Mum tried to beat her by finishing hers [which was a little more than Sarah's]. My mouth dropped at how much they could eat but dad just knowingly shook his head & smiled. It was so delish as usual. We eat out way too much but it's not something you can say no to, it's fun spending time eating...with family ofc (:
Laters, we went to Auburn to buy a dressing table for my room [where the weird empty space is]. I love furniture shopping, they're so pretty & new. It's the same feeling when looking for a new house, everything perfect & clean. Not much to say on it though, Sarah & I just fantisized about having the really expensive pieces in our house but we bought a simple, pretty white one in the end. I'm happy with it like I'm usually happy after buying something. Car conversations, chewing gum, laughing, talking about marrying doctors instead of becoming one. Because really, I want to be a doctor but there was this lady at church who told mum that I should just marry a doctor instead of becoming one. Which is like following in my mum's footsteps instead of my dad's. It was just a funny thought. This might sound weird but seeing my parents or my sister laugh, especially making them laugh, makes me happy. It makes the conversation more fun, like friends which just come naturally. It's not that I overdose on family time but I really love it.
I said I'd do resolutions but not going to post on epicgee because I don't want to do it so everyone can read it & no one actually cares. WITH A NEW YEAR; COMES NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS. I don't see the point because no one ever sticks to them but it's fun & I believe that's why new year exists. So you can at least have a hope that everything will be different, that everything will change. So yeah, doing it for the fun of it, to imagine what it would be like if I stuck to them.
RESOLUTIONS.
1) Obvious ruse one- study harder, better. Become more organized, learn because you want to & because it interests you. I want to be more passionate & involved. I want to be focused & ready, LOL TIME MANAGEMENT.
2) Better organizational time skills which means all the extracurriculars & things that should be first in my life such as God, family, friends.
3) Get off the computer. Self explanatory.
4) BECOME BUFF. JK. but yeah, not to that extent but healthy would be nice.
5) Read more, oldfashioned but yeah, get other hobbies & things that I really want to do- e.g. writing. Proper hobbies.
6) Talk to my grandparents more. I feel so bad because I know they won't be around forever.
7) I had something extremely negative- a long rant about how "whatever, none of these will work out" but I accidentally deleted it & so I figured that would dampen my good mood seeing as I'm usually in this happy state, I should at least be grateful & sound like it on the internet as well.
2010 has been AMAZING. INCREDIBLE. MINDBLOWING. BREATH TAKING. FUN LIKE HELL.
I love everyone who's been a part of it so thank you ^ ^
I hope you have a year just as good or far better than this one.
New life. New start. New good times.
BUT FIREWORKS ARE USELESS & MONEY CONSUMING. thank you.