Saturday, December 11, 2010
Church outing; NARNIA YESTERDAY
After school, yeah well i'm not in the blogging mood LOL
but yeah, will elaborate on this too & i'm not just saying it this time (:

OKAY PROMISED ELABORATION:

I won't go into the details of everything but basically I'm like clueless when it comes to public transport so I depended on samuel to get me to eastwood which I admit was a dumb thing to do but eventually we got there LOL. we found esther, cissy, joohwan & lincoln there [also jess choi & tommy who both didn't stay; tsk tsk ryde people >,>]/

I swear whenever I try to get a train ticket, I'm staring confusedly into the ticket machine going "O_______o". afterwards, lincoln ditched us & we made it to Burwood. YAY, we saw james hong being a yr7 gangster LOL & a couple of other ruse people. We got to the westfield & stayed at the foodcourts for a while on joohwan's mac, writing messages on our own walls about how awesome we were (:

Then joseph, jay, tiffany & martin came. I think we got tickets & went back to foodcourt to eat. all the guys had maccas except the teachers [martin & later, howard] who had asian noodles. hahaha esther & i had subway while cissy & tiff had more asian food [which tiff could barely start so cissy had to eat it all]

Howard was in an outrage because the lady at the noodle store had just "assumed" he could use chopsticks [which he can ;D] & apparently that's racist seeing as she asked the caucasian guy before him if he could use them. LOL BUT IT'S SO OBVIOUS HE CAN, he's asiannn. but apparently, apparently, apparently, it's racist.

the girls went to the only open store [kmart] & tried on ridiculously high heels without any money haha & i think the guys went to woolworths to stock up on food. we came back & got into the movies pretty much.

ohh wait, esther & i bought "air popped caramel popcorn" & we bought that tiny packet for like $5 which was such a ripoff but we thought it was worth it because it said "the best it can get" or something like that. i was like "omg omg, we have to buy it" haha.

then joseph just shook his head, facepalmed then asked if we took commerce [where false advertising was involved]. but the thing is, i suck at commerce & i love caramel popcorn. [we didn't end up finishing it].

Now to the point,,

Narnia was extremely Christian. You couldn't see the analogies & signs if you didn't understand what living for God was like but it really was. Lucy & Edmond have sort of forgotten Narnia but they come back & there's all those noble people fighting for what's right; "For Narnia!".

They fight against temptation & evil- they try to be honourable & good. but it's not just one climax war, it's a constant battle within themselves. For Lucy, it's vanity & envy, being jealous of her older sister's beauty which makes her tempted to become Susan & forget Narnia. For Edmond, it's power & trying to better than others, not being the second one, that drives him.

In a way, I think I realised that there is ALWAYS a battle within ourselves in the real world although not obvious as the green mist which means we have to be even more careful. Careful of feeling jealousy, careful of wanting to hurt or gossip about people, careful of immorality. We have to fight for God's Narnia, God's kingdom. It's not fighting against evil people but the evil within us. & I think there is always a little evil within us.

Near the end though I was reminded, as Aslan said "I am always with you" or something along those lines, that we are never fighting this battle alone. He is always in our hearts, fighting our battles for us, & has already won. We need to remain in him & trust in him. He has another name in our world. There is no way weak humans, we are practically animals, can fight against a supernatural evil power. God is always with us. Satan is nowhere equal or an opponent to God- he was created by God & all he can do is lead us astray to our own destructions.

At the end, "Aslan's land" is a mysterious & peaceful place of eternity- a place you can never return from. This represents heaven & only the most worthy & good hearted warriors of Narnia can enter- Prince Caspian decided not to enter even to find out if his deceased father was there because he thought that it would not make his father proud if he were to just give up on life, on this battle. It's so obvious to see the evil around the main characters in a movie but not the evil around us. Anything can distract us from praying or reading the Bible. At the beginning of the movie, Eustace was bratty & annoying, disbelieving of Narnia, & in the end he changes completely. We have so many friends who are ignorant of God, so similar to him.

Which side are we fighting for? Are we resisting our own temptations or are we welcoming them? Are we walking into the green mist willingly or fighting it off, struggling but with God's strength on our side? Will we even be brave enough to come near to "Aslan's land"? Aslan represents Jesus, just as God came in the form of a human, Aslan came in the form of a mere lion. Who are we fighting for? For Narnia? Or for ourselves? Try & figure it out.

I know this sounds corny but I encourage you to watch the movie with the right understanding of it. We are actual warriors in a world that takes nothing seriously. If I didn't get this, I don't think I would've gotten anything out of the movie, I would've just thought "oh good effects, good vs. evil, cool, bye".

but it's more than that, it takes a committment & a love for God to live in a way that is getting somewhere. Seriously, watch the movie, it contains good messages for those who want to receive them.

The song gave me the chills when it came on the credits; it speaks the life & certain hopes of a Christian. After we're done climbing the mountain, after we've finished the journey, there's a place for us.

We can be the kings and queens of anything if we believe,
it's written in the stars that shine above