Friday, January 21, 2011
My family are the funniest people out; household chores the sequel (; victoria's basement
I helped my mum dry the towels today. Funniest thing ever. She was lying on the sofa again, acting all tired and sick & then she sort of stumbled and shuffled over to the laundry room and told me to follow.& then she's like "grace, it's time to learn some household chores" & I was like "never mind, I'll go study instead, totes" & she obviously pulled me back & we got the washing basket and everything.
We got to the dryer and mum started taking out the towels one by one, counting them. Mum looks a little glamarous and grownup in public but seriously, she's like a mix of the korean comedy "samonim" & mtv's ms swan. LOL. She started going, "one, two, three...", counting all the big towels. & I was just staring going "huh ??". & she's like "It's a systematic approach to hanging the towels, you have to count the big ones". & then she got to the thickest towel & was like in korean, raging, "eeh-long-goh-soh- ji- ma!!" which kind of means "stop using these types of towels!". It was such a funny moment & we couldn't stop laughing for like ages because it was that moment. & she kept going "didn't I tell you not to use these types of towels ??!!".
Then we went downstairs where she acted like a wise sage & I tried to put towels randomly onto the hanger drying thing but then she stopped me going, "There has to be a BALANCE". Here, then she very funnily [she knew what she was doing to make me laugh] put the big towels one hanger apart from each other & kept going, "BALANCEEEEE". She then, very matter-of-factly, placed the small towels in between them & then when I tried to do the same, she said that the colours had to balance & be in harmony & match on each side as well. "TWO OF THE SAME COLOUR CAN'T BE TOGETHER ! weh-il-ok-heh-sala/ why do you live like this??". So many LOL moments & by the end, we were seriously dying of laughter.
Then she started going "uhhh uhhh", like a little groan of a sick person going "that was too much work" [when it was barely anything] & she plopped back on the sofa again in her hypochondria state. SO FUNNY & CUTE; I LOVE MY MUM. & I fully had my eyebrow raised going, "are you serious ? that's it ? that's the reason you're always tired ?". & she glared at me, going "I've got to load the dishwasher, wanna help?". So, naturally, I ran to the computer & am now typing my drying the towels adventure/comedy. I wish I could've videotaped it, it's not funny just writing what happened.
Also, yesterday at night, Sarah & I had the stupidest, lamest & hilariousest conversations. She's naturally awesome I think but she also enjoys flaring her nostrils & calling me punk. Which is a little weird. I actually recorded her stupidity. as I always write down when she says something funny.
Me- I really think the dangerously straight herbal essences conditioner would be nice...
Sarah- But...it's CHERRY or something. Cherry doesn't go well with cream
Me- So what ? What, man, what ? Are you discriminating against cherry flavoured conditioner huh ?? What sort of racist, prejudiced kid are you ? HOW DARE YOU ?? Seriously, how dare you judge conditioners based on the colour of their skin ? I HAVE A DREAM, I HAVE A DREAM THAT CONDITIONERS WILL...
Sarah- OK, OK, dude, sorry. I will go immediately to the cherry flavoured conditioner & apologise to it deeply and remorsefully, I will treat them fairly and give them the right to vote.
The serious, nostril flaring and deep voice look was priceless.
Me- Here ! Here !
HAHA we're such losers but at the time, yet again, it was an epic moment & a changing moment in all history for cherry-flavoured hair conditioners. Plus, for all I know, it might not be cherry flavoured O_______o
I honestly don't know how I got onto this topic but yeah.
J'adore ma famille; shouldn't be too hard to work out what that means, they're the reason I go insane but that's such a great thing sometimes. I LOVE THEM.
I was also looking through the mountains of jewellry that I've collected over the years & realised how special they were all to me now because most of them were given to me by my parents or just people who mean everything to me. I also realised I barely ever wear any of them because I'm too scared of losing them.
Ohh & today- grandma, mum, sarah & I went out for yum cha at castle hill & bumped into lin from james an & it was pretty awkward because we realised that she still remembers us, even grandma, from the countless amount of times we went to tutoring. LOL so nerdy & also, the fact that mum knows pretty much all the tutoring ladies. Like if we bump into them somewhere random, they'll immediately recognise us & vice versa [like when we bumped into phoebe from cs education]..
Afterwards, grandma & mum dragged us off to Victoria's Basement which is like a plate DFO store sort of place. It was fun, because I could sort of imagine buying all the perfect sets of cutlery or tea cup sets & buying my own furniture for my own house/apartment & it's always good to dream (: Sarah & I were fascinated the whole time by the prettiness of the teacups haha & I lost her for a second & when I found her, she was gazing with her head tilted, fully amazed, at a huge candleholder stick thing. She was just like "Oh. my. God." as she watched it intently. Then we lost mum & grandma & when I called mum, it kind of went down like this.
Mum- Hello. Dr. Bak's surgery speaking [because she does the receptioning sometimes]
Me- uhh...mum ?... we're lost...
Mum- -facepalm- We're near the chinese plates
Me & Sarah- where the hell is that ? This place is HUGE
But eventually we found them & everything was so pretty [there were teapots & cups shaped like roses so the whole thing was a rose or a peacock or a vine with a bird on it or whatever the thing was but they were like over $100]. By the end, we bought like mugs & a little cup set with a bear on it & we truly felt like old ladies who were satisfied after a purchase at a kitchenery store. Mum & grandma bought nothing so that was sort of weird that we did. There was this life-sized poster of jaimie oliver everywhere & we kept turning around going, "Why is that dude staring at us...?" so many times & every time, we kept realising it was a poster. It was pretty funny.
at the times, Sarah went "OMG A STALKER" & I had to remind her again.
She then picked up a weird spoon/fork looking thing & said, very seriously, "you know, grace, I truly believe this will be useful, -i take it away- nooo nooo ohh, come on, I need it -sobs-"
There were many situations like that. Such a funny & strange time there. But looking at all the shiny new cups & machines & cutlery & teapots, I kept thinking what it would be like to live by myself in uni & have my own & invite people over & all that. There were so many useless things I would've liked to have had [like a cupcake holder or a chocolate moulder in the shape of a huge train]. Sarah & I were convinced that it was essential to our daily lives so mum had to pull us away.
A great day. FUNNY LIKE CRAZY; & I hope I don't forget
x.x