Wednesday, June 1, 2011
humour me
Today, my mum showed me her & dad's will. It made me want to cry but I don't cry. I would rather never get the money than have them disappear. I would rather be in miserable debt for life.On another note, the week is going by so slowly. I want Hong Kong & Korea already ! LOL, either I want to escape the boring non-tension failed-results period of ruse life after half yearlies or I'm just SUPER bored. I really do feel for all you guys who have to endure 2 extra weeks of this term.
Planning that on Friday, all us go Eastwood, split & literally scavenge for food & then meet up & have a lovely picnic. We go Rae's house to change. Then, we'll meet my mum at school to watch musical. WHAT A PLAN. So <3 in advance for Suren, Rae, Liz, Jo, Michelle, my sister even & maybe Angela if she can make it ? :D Looking forward to it,
Again, no witty comments or epiphanies but a blog just isn't for it. You don't write it.
I love the weather lately, sort of cool & windy but in the arvos, there's this warm glow from the sun. In fact, the only thing I really hate about winter is the waking up & shivering to death & the short days. I hate when it gets dark too early.
Watching Korean drama, "God of Study". If you happen to be like a 25yrold hobo when you read this.. just know that you must rewatch it & you'll feel this temporary surge of pleasure from being addicted to a series like this. haha. Oh gosh, I need a sense of humour.
I hope I can forget exams soon. But I was also hit with this thought that study isn't the worst thing in the world. I really romanticise the olden days like the days where you used a feathered quill in the 1600s & learnt poetry, music and literature. Or in the ancient Roman times when you had an atrium, you ate grapes & olives & chiselled into stone or has papyrus or scrolls or something. It meant something to be educated and cultured. In fact, Cleopatra wasn't really beautiful but she had charm & intelligence. I just think the things we learn these days are stupid- calculus, despite popular opinion of the maths staff, does not contribute to life. We need more balance, we should learn more subjects to do with the arts & English. No joke. I'm not even being a dork here. We care too much about the HSC & we're obsessed with what scales well that we forget the desire we should have to learn. It shouldn't be compulsory but there needs to be more time and patience involved in learning; it shouldn't have to do with memorising formulas or factorising or whatever. I hate this century. I would have loved to be born a few centuries earlier- & it's not even about the carriages & the clothes. Everything was better back then, so much more simple sincere, not as screwed up..except for the mortality rates. But I honestly believe even the shorter life spans were worth it because people actually lived instead of just existing. I bet back then no one cried about a stupid maths mark- they were all too busy figuring out the meaning of life & philiosophy & all.