Wednesday, August 31, 2011
#333
I've been so busy, doing nothing much at all, that I haven't blogged in two weeks. So what have I been doing ? Like the usual I suppose. Except since the last amazing weekend [RICE, Sheraton Hotel with family & hotpot with Rae, Suren & Do], I've been utterly bored. I've read 'The Boleyn Inheritance' which is another one after the many I've read of Philipa Gregory [ahah I think I'm fangirling over a medieval historical fiction novel]. I'm a disgrace. Gloucester was pretty cool; ceebs to recount so I'll just copy & paste from my formspring which was detailed at the time..

"A little more than half the grade boarded the bus for a 4 hour bus ride to Gloucester which tbh, I wasn't looking forward to that much. I had a very nice long talk with Liz on the way so it didn't seem like that long and Nachan kept turning back and grinning weirdly the way he does. So then, naturally, we all played I Spy. We were so happy when we got to KFC and Hungry Jack's that all our eyes filled with tears and we ran towards it as if it was an epic drama scene. Liz, Catherine, Pearl & I shared a 4 pack meal because we were cheap and didn't wish to pay the extra 50 c [yeah, just thought you should know]. Ceebs, basically we got there. After shivering and putting our bags in the middle hall [that looked sort of like a horse stable], we realised that the doors on the walls lead into our cabins. So we all like killed each other for the best one but they all turned out to be like tiny 1 sq m prison cells- all the same- and I complained and complained and complained and complained. But then I got over it because we were at camp and we were all together and it was going to be fun. Outside, everyone was high and running around, screaming, playing soccer, dancing loserishly, hanging and speaking Chinse (Y) Ahaha Gary & Anqi. Later at night, Sarah, Suren, Michelle & I ate a little and had lots of retarded convos mixed with d&ms and we got offtrack a lot but it was the right camp night mood where the serious stuff happens naturally and it did. No crying exactly but it was less crazy I guess. LOTS of food. I was not happy with the accomodation at all as germaphobe. It was just ARGHH ing to touch anything in the room without sterilisation [which I didn't do because I'm not that much of sped]. The next morning, after our cramped and cold cabins, we were so happy to greet warm breakfast in a really lovely restaurant/cafe style place and all was forgiven. Then we all lived happily ever after. Until we saw the cows all day. That was painful- the smell and the sun and the effort was so gross. But the scenery, dams, mountains/hills were so peaceful and gorgeous that I just wished we could've had a tour instead of getting off. I loved the window view. All the farmers' dogs are so bloody smart. There were lots of funny moments in between that are too many to recount- like storytelling reenactments, dancing. Dinner was 3 course and pretty amazing for camp. Oh then we had to edit and compile notes. The next day was pretty much a repetition except we had the open book test which was so meh, I don't even care. The dogs kept jumping up on us when we were writing but they were so intelligent and adorable that it was hard to be mad at them LOL. Then lunch came with dessert. Later phototaking and then bus home. 4 STRAIGHT HOURS OF MAFIA, we are awesome but I feel really bad for being loud when the rest of the bus had to sleep but it's so hard to be quiet in mafia. It was cool. Honestly, same as any other day or experience, there were so many you-had-to-be-there times and there was probably a lot I had fun with and enjoyed but either forgot or just can't recount

Overall, the agriculture part of it was so exhausting and I just didn't like it but the rest was great (: . "

It was so fun if it wasn't for the actual going-to-the-farms-to-learn part and the accomodation .

After Gloucester, mum, Sarah & I ate at Bonga where mum & I were sort of snappy to each other, it happens a lot these days =/
Sometime during the week, I'm pretty sure we ate at Pancakes on The Rocks [with dad] which was cool.
THEN, weekend which was so boring. Oh, except church where we played bball, ended up playing this game which made us realise our own immaturity [we slid cards across a table and competed with how far it would go] as well as a lot of dares and..



Yeah, good times. (Y)

Monday- nothing, Tuesday- meh, Wednesday/today- alright, ag ruined it all but sport was fun, played against bball opens A & lost [but only by a little (:] & now I'm home, procrastinating, after having shared a kebab with Sarah & ate a banana split. I literally have like 5 more pages to memorise which is nothing but I can't bring myself to do it, going to regret it I bet .

Sorry, I don't have any thoughts or insights but honestly, this time is such a blur anyway with all the computers and television, I swear we're so used to life that we never even bother to look out our window and calm ourselves. I wish I could've lived a few centuries earlier where people had nothing to do but be charming, take picnics, become rich, write on scrolls and learn music and arts. I sound like such an airhead, I know they worked and suffered and didn't have time to be so philosophical but at least they knew their own selves and didn't pour hours into things and gadgets. At least they walked and breathed rather than looking stoned, distracted and caught up by exams and forever forgetting what's important. Ironic that I'm blogging about this, yeah ?