Friday, August 12, 2011
stress is eating me up, can't explain this well
A little boy, sticking pins into the earth, seemed to be mentally disturbed. But really he was mapping the universe. Never judge.People are ice bergs. Sometimes, nothing comes out of my mouth but constant worry, constant complaining, constant nothingness, and I'm scared of the person I'm becoming because I know there's more to me than that. I always thought that people judged me because I never say anything with real substance and because I'm devoid of emotion. I don't give and I don't take. I never cry. I never open up. I knew other people would think I was shallow but it's worth it if I can avoid any committment, responsibility or drama. When I watch people care about these things, I get so tired just watching them circle and chase things that they think might complete them. So I forgot how to care. It didn't matter if they barely knew me because I knew me. And I wasn't going to get caught up in circling and chasing. I always thought that I had more depth than that- it didn't matter if no one saw it. There's so much that people don't know about me, a lot they can't see and can't hear, but it doesn't matter. Just fake it. I just thought I was special but then I began to realise that there's a lot more beauty and depth to everyone that I hadn't bothered to know or see or hear. There's so much more to everyone, so many secrets they might be hiding, so much they could be faking, just like me. I had been so busy trying to hide the things about me that I had lost the time to uncover the things about others. In short, I was too busy hiding what I had underneath and thinking that it didn't matter if no one saw that I forgot that others might also be hiding and I failed to see it.
While I'm so busy trying to measure my depth and while I'm so busy trying to open up to others but not everything from fear of being judged, when do I have the time to map the universe?