Saturday, November 13, 2010
GRANDMA
Mum went to like a korean's mum gathering for food fair where they spent like 4 hours putting 30kg of meat onto skewers LOL;so grandma came to watch over me & sarah where we watched coffee prince for like 2 hours ahah.
She's taking english lessons so she can talk to us more which makes me feel bad because I should really make an effort to speak korean but it's kind of foreign to me & I feel like I never have enough time.
Anyways, we talked a little & I made her a chicken wrap. Usually when I offer to adults, they're always like "no, YOU eat it, ohh now that's a good girl, getting fatter & growing taller" LOL; I think it's because I might give them food poisoning which is totally understandable. But my grandma's pretty cool; like she's more daring than mum & it's weird to see her react differently to things. Not mother like daughter at all. She's sort of more up for something than mum usually is; I love them both to bits though.
Yeah so she was asking about the chicken & the wrap randomly & I was just like suddenly "do you want me to make one for you?", expecting her to say no but her eyes just lit up & was like YES.
Then while Sarah did maths, Grandma did english class hw [where she's learning at tafe] & she told me about this lady who works at the kebab store in castle towers food court & how they take english classes together. That was weird to hear for some reason because I've grown up differently. She just knows people like that which is strange to me because I think our family is sort of antisocial. like we don't know anyone outside the asian community.IN A GOOD WAY OFC (: so when grandma said she knew people at her eng class, making friends & said she'd take me there one day. I like when we go out & she practically buys me everything, stuff my mum wouldn't let me. Mum's amazing & crazy too ofc but in a more sensible way. Like she's always going "mum!" to grandma when she does something strange. Grandma's fun & intoduces me very proudly to people I don't know as her granddaughter; I remember going out to norwest shopping centre once when she gave the remainder of our fish&chips [yummmm ;D] to this cleaning lady instead of just leaving it & the lady was like very intensely "you are a good woman". Being a little kid, I just sort of stood there in awe. I suppose grandma is a person that stuff just happens to. I'm proud of her as well.
Then we all got bored of what we were doing so we took a billion luvos on my laptop. It makes me sad & I'd never tell her but I took the photos thinking about how much I wished she could live forever. It's so weird to think that she might not be here in 10 years; I don't know how I'd live. Seriously, I'm the sort of person who can die from grief, really neurotic, paranoid & scared to death of car crashes.. I'm scared for my family's safety but not my own if that makes sense :S
Yeah so I really wish I could spend all my time wisely, living in the moment. I swear I spend more time on the computer than with family, how stupid yeah ?
So yeah, we took tonnes of luvos & then mum came home really late, exhausted & complaining about meat sticks LOL; fun. we drove grandma home & said she can borrow coffee prince.
Then mum, Sarah & I talked about pretty much everything till like 1 in the morning in mum's room because we're all kind of chatty. According to dad, I'm a babbling brook which is apparently a person who can't shut up. hahah, it's something to do with this CD on marriage dad gave mum for her birthday. Yeah & because it was my turn to sleep in mum's room [dad's in america], we kicked sarah out hohoho;
Dad's still in america but he's coming back on monday, he just called right now. Mum's come home with ricecakes & we're going to sakae [which my violin was moved to tomorrow for] & food fair is soon yaaay. I have to miss a bit of food fair to eat lunch; how odd .