Friday, November 5, 2010
YOUNG FOREVER ?
Do we really want to be back to being little kids ? I was talking to friends during the fully hectic crazy harry potter fete & at the time, we all agreed that we're growing up too fast, scared of people wearing make-up, wearing heels, acting older than we need to, it's scary. I find it weird & I get it. I thought like yeah, that sucks, we should all be little kiddies again. But then I thought about it some more. I mean honestly, some people just can't pull it off. We should act young when we are young, truly. But, in total truth, I'd rather not go back to being really little, like really little. You know, with the two pigtails, the swingset in the backyard & finger painting ? LOL although I do miss the fingerpainting. (: When I was oblivious to everything & blind to everything that everyone was going through.
It's not about turning back time, staying where we didn't have to worry about anything, feel the pressure of everything, it's about growing up in a way that we look forward to whatever future we have rather than regretting it, wishing we could go back. It's about enjoying where we are now, not wishing we could go back or forward. It's weird watching people around you try to be older than they are but at heart, they're all just the same. It's not right to want to be ignorant of everything that sucks in the world, it's about accepting it & being exactly who you are & trying to change it.
It sounds simple & cliche but do we really want to be an exact replica of the older generations ? Honestly, that's just stupid. We don't have to act older to be more mature; we just need to be an improvement, make change. & do we really want to hide in a sandbox with the little kids ? Yeah, I suppose we do but that's not really a choice. A little epiphany of the choices we want to make here & there can lead to a totally different future; we just need to take that step.
In high school, it's so crazy to see people become the people they said they'd never be. The only way to keep control is not becoming one of them yourself. Lead by example. One person doing something right in a crowd doing something wrong is huge. Don't ever be one of the crowd.
It's not about the speed of our growth, it's how we do it.