Tuesday, April 26, 2011
life isn't about looking for the rainbow, it's about dancing in the rain !
You won't be very interested so I suggest you stop reading NOW. Still here ? What. a. snoop. LOL, sorry I'll give you some space to stop reading [it's not because it's some private rant or whatever, it's just a recount of the past day & it's really just so I won't forget & read it later with a nostalgic smile at the fond memories of my childhood & then to wonder why I screwed up as I grew up].. if that makes any sense. So yeah, good bye ! Should be studying anyways ! GET OFF NOW. Please don't read. (:

25/04/11- Monday- a long & beautiful day full of food & smiles to recount.
In the morning, sort of a rush to pack and dad tried to tutor me in Chem which was funny & I believed failed miserably. BUT it was cool. I think,, the day before we had food at Yangjagang or something like that at Eastwood so, again, we were bloated & too tired to bother to pack but somehow we managed. Then mum & dad started being picky over the clothes I wore which got into this gigantic drama after we went to Mcdonalds as I started screaming & crying that I was uncomfortable in the ones they approved of & I choked down tears as I ate pancakes LOL, it seems stupid but it was a very big thing at the time so dad got mad [because he'd planned this extravagant day & all] & I kept yelling that I wanted to go home which made Sarah cry & so we just all bundled home. This happens occasionally- there is this massive breakout by chance over something so small [refer to archives at the New Years Eve of 2009] ahaha. I felt so bad for making it but I just couldn't stand how the day had been ruined by something so small & refused to apologise. Eventually, we compromised & all was good [but time was wasted !!].
To Sarah's request, we went to CODERED in Rosehill. Which was an epic battle of laser tag & it was mum+dad against me+sarah. It was so funny. Mum looked so lost & confused but when she got the laser gun in hand & we all started acting like ninja warfare. We hid behind the black blocks & the warlike scenery, but despite our best act to be like actually lasertaggers, we had to admit we were lost & couldn't find the enemy. Suddenly, out of nowhere someone started shooting at us & we looked up to see our lovely mother with a lasergun in hand, laughing maniacally as she shot at us. & then it took a while so get on the same ground on them to shoot properly. So many brilliant moments. I love how everyone turns into a serious ninja at codered. Dad jumped out of nowhere & started shooting. Sarah kept disappearing & then appeared in the middle of mum & dad as they ganged up on them. There were times when we had advantages when we put the "mummy, we're hurting" with sad puppy dog looks so mum put down her gun & then we start shooting. FUN TIMES. Dad & I had wars, taking cover, gathering fake ammo. & Sarah kept ending up against mum & then running away. Whenever we were disabled with flashing lights, we acted like we were actually wounded. I kept trying to do backtoback with Sarah but then the midget disappeared again. When we went to the main centre [the stadium type thing], I saw from behind a block that mum & dad was back to back circling around as if someone was watching with hawk eyes [apparently it was dad's suggestion]. I couldn't stop laughing. It was great & Sarah had the time of her life even though our parents grumbled [mum even got tired & sat down as usual somewhere in the middle <3 so mum] fondly of course.
We stayed in the Hilton, haven't been before but it was the same as most other hotels, & we messed around in the hotel room as we usually do but this time was more special since we got separate rooms. YAY. Anyway, dad came over & Sarah & I watched "The Next Great Baker" on TV which sounds lame but TRUST ME, you were not THAT much of a loser at 15, it is epic. It was the finale & this guy called "Dana" won. It was funny since Dad, Sarah & I all lay on the bed with the same pose as we watched it & I had cake cravings for the full 2 hours. It was a whole FoodLifestyle channel dedicated to cake shows like that & cooking shows, Freaking heaven. It was nice. I WANT CAKE. Mum was resting in the next room, [she's resting in the bedroom at home as I'm typing, very funny (:].
For lunch, we had a massive seafood platter [because dad had craved it for ages despite it being like $160 & against his life motto "EEE-CON-OM-I-CALL"] in the rainy weather at Nick's Seafood Restaurant at Darling Harbour- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I could probably show you better than describing but very yum although I'm not a huge fan of seafood [apart from the jap].
PHOTOS SOON
Regular shopping with splashing rain, not much buying except books at Dymocks but I don't like Myers. We decided to start a book collection eventually. Big bookshops impress me a lot, I was like wide-eyed even though it wasn't new. There was a lot of lounging about involved & it was just nice hanging around the city, eating ice cream & flipping the channels in the hotel.
Dinner was kbbq & chicken noodle soup at Liverpool St.; OPPOSITE MORNING GLORY, GO THERE. Must revisit that place. We go there all the time when we go to the city but this time it was particularly nice & delicious, warm kbbq in rainy weather is amazing. Mum loved the chicken noodle soup & dad kept piling brisket onto my plate while Sarah got a big share of the wagyu [her favourite]. It was nice but sort of scary outside with drunk people in pubs & traffic. I think I'd be too scared to live in the city [yeah, you better not be living in the city future me !]. ayeee, then Sarah & I lounged about again on the bed, watching crime shows like CSI Miami & Bones. I really like Castle though. Afterwards, we went down to the Hotel Lobby to.. yes, drink juice & coffee. Nice but we were too tired & acted like tourists, living in a hotel despite the fact we live in Sydney. Yeah, we do that often [but I think today was one of the few times that dad didn't have to go to conference in that hotel]. It was special & nice & the food was amazing. I really liked dinner but it left no space for cake/coffee/anythingelse.
Todaaaaay !
This morning was grumbled packing & eating breakfast buffet at the hotel. Mum was smiling as she piled smoked salmon onto her plate & looked at dad, blinking innocently, as she ate it all &, when she couldn't, she piled it on his plate. It was so cute ! Sarah & I kept laughing, lots of pastries, eggs, & weird fruit juices. We tried to act all posh like the people around us but obviously it didn't work out. Not enough to describe this morning but it was completely opposite the weather [raining like it does lately]. These are the memories that'll last, no matter how cliche that sounds- our parents' looks & love & my sister's stupid faces & incredible jokes/lines. Those are irreplacable. We went around trying to shop at Myers & just ended up teasing each other- saying each other was too fat or old for that.
Sarah's gone on an outing with her church year group [bowling although she can't to save her life], mum is resting [as usual, in the car she looked over at dad innocently again & said "I'm going to rest for an hour" &, true to her word, she does as usual], dad is in his study either reading comics or actually being a doctor [shockhorror].
It was a great end to the holidays. I could say more but I've spent to much time her- got to make more moments to write down!!
PS. DON'T EVER TAKE IT FOR GRANTED