Saturday, July 30, 2011
my father's legacy
Today, Sarah and I looked through albums of our parents' wedding, dad's mission as a doctor in Africa and mum's laughing & smiling at literally every photo where she's looking at us. It made me so nostaligic, even sad, and determined at the same time.My dad, the amazing person and father that he is, is writing a series of chapters about his faith in God and words of advice on life personally to me and Sarah as a legacy. I can't wait to get them all in a proper book.
Before he told me to proof read them but now he's telling me to understand & be challenged by it.
"I strongly feel that we are belittling God by trying to fit his immeasurable and wondrous creation narrative into our puny human concept confining his creation into our puny time frame and puny spatial scale".
"The bible is not perfect because it belongs to the world and is finite...The bible is written by men inspired by God".
"With all its faults, science still has its usefulness as it tries to tell the story as it sees not blinded by self-centredness".
"Oh, Lord, make my heart pure and let me see your true glory with my heart!".
- Haesung Bak
I absolutely love it.
Makes me want to be a doctor because it is the profession of both faith and science- miracle and cure.