Tuesday, September 20, 2011
last day for year 12s, movies, miranda kerr
I wonder what memories I'll have held onto in a few years ? Probably would have forgotten about everything I'm doing now, which is watching movies online. I've watched "Barbie Princess Charm School", "Marie Antoinette" & "Friends with Benefits". ALL VERY GOOD MOVIES; I recommend.

I hung with my sister a lot- tonnes of stupid conversations about what we're supposed to say about each other in public. We always just say each other is retarded and we wish we were an only child but now it's more complicated because, going to the same school and knowing some of the same people, we decided on guidelines.

Me- Basically, just tell the truth- we get along alright.
Sarah-...but we don't...
Me (slaps)- YES, WE DO.
Sarah- okay, okay, but what happens.. because my friends like to bitch about their siblings. Yeah, what if they're saying this stuff and I have nothing to contribute ?
Me (slaps again)- I DON'T CARE.

Today, we had a half-surprise birthday party for Jess in C2.7 where we applauded Cosco for the gigantic but $28 cake before we sung happy birthday to her, ahah so great just hanging with our grade. I could probably not have more school pride which is sad but also satifying for me. It was lovely, trying to figure out how to use the nerf gun, taking photos, eating cake, randomly floating about. Gah, I don't want to type anymore.. Nothing much has been happening to be honest, well except for the usual, and it is worth remembering but not enough for me to extend my fingers to the keyboard and write it all out, you know ?

OH WAIT, there is one thing.

On Sunday, it was thanksgiving day so all of us brought in a piece of fruit and there was SYNC night performances. The idea was that we give thanks to God no matter what and with every part of us- our eyes, our hands, our feet. And so there was a performance for each part of the body. Most I remember was the modelling show for the hips [showing off all different uniforms in our church; cooking aprons, the finger dance done by the middle-aged dudes who were just randomly dancing with their fingers, parking usher, youth group t shirt], the bellydancing for the stomach done by 50-something year old ladies- SO GOOD LOL, the arm wrestling championships for the muscles and more. I would say something about how inspiring it is to see all people of our church come together to give thanks and put talents together to offer something but really it was just freaking entertaining.

Also, my mother likes to sing fake opera in the car and Sarah and I frequently join to create a beautiful harmony of supergrossness. My dad likes to watch David Attenborough-esque shows.. ALL THE TIME.

Yesterday [Monday] was the last year 12 assembly, a bunch of performances [including Miranda Kerr's message !] and the final roll call. Everyone was like "when we have our assembly, we'll have nothing because we've got no talent & nothing can top Miranda Kerr. It was so depressing and I felt weighed down the rest of the day from not only the idea of them leaving but that everyone I knew that made up Ruse seems to be going slowly and soon our grade is going to be the oldest- can you believe that such an awesome grade is being replaced by midgets ? I just can't imagine that at all, the feeling was similar to mid-life crisis- I think the way Sarah described it is perfect; a sort of I don't know where I'm going, where are the older people, what is happening, why does time go so fast.. all that meshed together until I feel like just curling up into a foetal position and waiting to grow younger. I think it might work.

Since I don't want to end with such a depressing train of thought (: