Thursday, September 29, 2011
My goodnesss- castle hill shootings
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/officers-shoot-and-kill-man-outside-castle-hill-police-station-20110929-1kyl8.htmlYes. In Castle Hill. THAT IS LIKE THE MOST DANGEROUS THING TO HAVE HAPPENED IN THE BORING SUBURBAN HILLS AREA FOR LIKE 20 YEARS.
So yeah, went to Towers [upon mum's suggestion] with mum, Sarah and grandma and grandma & I shared a kebab because she knows the owner from Tafe English class and we had lunch, shopped a little for shoes and went to buy leggings and then the fitting room lady comes and tells us that there's been a shooting. And we look cluelessly at her while she goes to spread the news to other customers and think nothing of it. But then we find out it happened right outside Towers after we realise most of the car park has suddenly emptied, with cars suddenly draining out of it. Honestly, there wasn't a lockdown or much panic in the shopping centre but apparently, everyone who was in the library screamed when they heard the gun shot [thinking it was a massacre]. I was FMLing because it took literally half and hour to get out of the car park because police were blocking off the roads and it took a freaking hour to get home [it usually takes 10 minutes, tops]. It was horrible but exciting news and I know for most of you who don't live in Baulko/Castle Hill, you're going 'cool story bro' but it was the first time that anything like that's happened so close to where I live and especially where I was at the time; the one time I decide to go out this holidays like a little loser. I was also randomly pointing out the window at passerbys going "SUSPECT #1", "FRICK, they're going to get caught soon" and generally acting really annoying which I believe is my secret talent. But yes, so strange to be a place that I actually know and cannot believe that someone who was alive (but admittedly murderous) this morning is not alive now. Death is strange to think about.
Afterwards, went to Dr. Lee where I chatted more about this strange occurrence with Sarah, abandoning our circle geometry and going on about how Castle Hill police finally did something for the first time in a decade or so. I shall stop ranting about this.
Random note:
For anyone who has read "The Other Boleyn Girl", read "The Queen's Fool" and pretty much the other Philippa Gregory books.
For anyone who has not read "The Other Boleyn Girl", read "The Other Boleyn Girl", "The Queen's Fool" and pretty much the other Philippa Gregory books.