Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Jo's house, HeeSoo's arrival & treadmill
It's sad because, being Korean, plastic surgery is like a rite of passage but the part that gets me is that I don't consider it a big deal anymore. It's on the same level as getting braces but in actuality, it means rearranging, correcting & shaping the face that God made to be perfect & uniquely beautiful to fit into the ideals of what we think is more easy on the eyes. & whilst I know this, I still don't think of it as something big. & thinking about this, I've also realised that I used to be a lot more opinionated & passionate about lots of things than I am now. Seriously, nowadays, I have an indifferent attitude to almost everything which is probably a bad thing but I can't even be bothered to care about that enough.

ANYWAY, to recount Sunday, yesterday & today.

Sunday; went to JoDing's house, ate quite a lot [curry chicken mmm (:] & marvelled at her beautiful house. We were all kind of amazed at how we had to change slippers when we went upper-storey & downstairs again, we ate more, watched "Toy Story 3" & a little of "Despicable Me" after a lot of indecisiveness. I loved her patio because it had an awesome egg chair, I could live in that chair. Fun timesss.

Monday; tried to study for most of the day & THEN dinner- kbbq with the relatives coming over because HEESOO CAME FROM KOREA. If I haven't mentioned. HeeSoo is my Dad's friend's daughter who is about 6 years old now but we've watched her grow up every time we visited Korea [& because she was a baby, she kept forgetting who we were but warmed up to us every time]. We visited her parents before she was born & when we were way younger of course. Sarah has been tutoring her in English on Skype recently & now, she's come to Australia for 1-3 years so she's good at English at an early age. EITHER WAY, SHE IS MY BABY LOL- so so so adorable. She immediately hugged Sarah but poor James had to try to win her affection all night by offering her lollies, acting like the big bro & various other chasings. I reckon she's just shy around him or scared of boy germs because she whispered to me to tell him that she's started to like him- SO CUTE. But she also did make Sarah & I [not James, because he's pro at Korean] confront the fact that we were no better at Korean than a 6 year old. James brought over Suckerpunch which was alright but terrible without a storyline or idea to support it. Very lovely day.

Today; nothing much at all except the treadmill broke the other day so we got a new one off Ebay which is where it seems we get a lot of stuff lately [Dad was bidding at the auction at his surgery while I was bidding at home], there's no way we couldn't have won. So yes, a quality treadmill for $275 yo (: Today consisted of the four of us carrying it from the garage, through the rain, & assembling it after a kbbq leftover dinner.

A few days left till school starts & I feel nowhere near prepared.