Friday, May 11, 2012
Exam results
In the midst of everyone breaking down & complaining about their results, I'd just like to be an asshole & say that I'm alright with mine. Definitely did not do spectacular, could've done better but then I'd be conceited in thinking that since everyone else could've done better as well. So, for now, I'll just say that I'm happy with my decent results although I think I studied a bit more than I got in chem & phys but I definitely cannot complain. I'll try harder this term. I know a lot of people are sad about their results & I completely understand that but it only takes a moment to take a step back & realise a few things- in the least corny & most practical way possible [you know, aside from the 'your academic results don't determine who you are as a person' speech].
The point is, as a grade, we can't let stupid results from some prelim half yearly get to us otherwise, tbh, you'll never make it through HSC. Seriously, people, heads up & keep going. Not only does this set of exams literally not count for anything but it's really just a practice & an indication of how far you still have to keep going. No one expects to be perfect this time round. Let's get our priorities sorted & just try harder. This is such a small part of our lives that we'll fail to remember in a few years & we get one life so can we please not spend it wailing about some exam mark? Believe you can do it, plan & compete with yourself more than anyone. No point in wasting time dwelling on something that can't be changed now. You've heard it all before but it's a simple truth- there is SO SO SO much more to life. No worries (: