Sunday, March 4, 2012
Work experience dinner with Westmead
I got invited to dinner for a Westmead hospital get-to-together on Friday because of work experience & my dad. So Dad picked me up early from Matrix, chyeaah & we walked from a far-away parking space through the rain & finally made it to Millone's Ristorante and Bar where there were about 20-30 people. It was so delicious & I loved catching up with the people who took care of me during work experience & it was really amazing to see where they were know exactly a year later [good luck to the year 10s this year for this week teehee!]. Like, Laura told me last year that she was studying for GAMSATs while working at the medical lab so she could do dentistry & at this dinner, we were celebrating her getting into dentistry & sadly leaving the group. Also, I was yelling at Mary like any annoying 15 year old would for not being married since she's been with her boyfriend for 8-9 years last year & on Friday, she showed me her new engagement ring. It was great to see Professor Manolios, Marina & Steve again as well. My Dad's colleague who I used to know when I was a little kid came to me & she told me about her children now [who I used to play with when I was little :')] & it was really sad to hear that her daughter was depressed but she offered to let me watch in when she consulted patients. It was really eye-opening & inspiring to meet up with the amazing work experience people who took me under their wing last year & also really legendary older people like Vera Bender who was this extremely elderly lady who still works & has been through so much. Also met my Dad's registrar who's in her last year of training to be a specialist & apparently she graduated from Ruse & did work experience at Westmead as well. I got all nostalgic about last year's work experience. It was just awesome to be able to talk to people who I really look up to & want to be like in the future. PLUS, the food was to die for.
& on Saturday was musical rehearsals [it was pretty meh except for the imaginary volleyball we played & the stroking the hair singing the Healing Incantation song from Tangled] & dinner at Won San [changed from Arisan .__.] with Mum & Sarah.
It was quite a lovely weekend.