Saturday, May 26, 2012
A mix of musical dressrehearsal, cliched epiphany & true carpe diem
There was musical dress rehearsal today. Pretty fun with everyone going insane over their dresses, make-up & hair & such even though it was just the rehearsal. It was also fun seeing it all come together somehow & the principals are AMAZING, highly recommended (; I had some regrets about doing it with it eating up some time & everything but I now think that it'll be worth it. It's the last one we can do & being able to do it has made me very thankful. I think I've gotten closer to a couple people & had tonnes of fun because of it too which is better than the musical itself. I think my life would be very dull if I had nothing to look forward to.Now, onto another thing. I'm pretty sure everyone has had this epiphany frequently, especially in senior years. I've always seen high school as a spectacular place with incredible people [because it's Ruse & we're all just lovely & entirely uncool/ungangster nerds] but I also see it was a temporary place- like the thing that happens before life & the place we stay before we go off into the real world. It's not that I don't love it but it just seems like we're waiting for the future & everything we do now is an investment for tomorrow so we never appreciate it as much as we should. I think of it as some pre-life where we don't do anything, just procrastinate, pull all-nighters to finish assignments, make retarded jokes & dramas & hope for the days when we're all off getting jobs, getting married & making money. But it's actually 6 years of our life. That's a huge part. And, including all the time before and university, we're spending a third of our life just getting ready for.. life? It doesn't make any sense. I just feel like I'm always looking forward to something beyond now but I just assumed that it will better than right now when truthfully I have no idea. Everything will pass if I don't stop & take time to love everyone & everything around me. I think the real reason that people cry at graduation is not only because they'll miss others but because, intrinsically, they realize they've been too busy for everything until the end when it hits them that they don't have a lot of time or chances left. This isn't preparation for anything- it's the real thing & it only happens once on Earth. It scares me.
& that is why they shouldn't give so much homework. We just need time.
Bah, I'm tired.