Saturday, April 6, 2013
PMS and a city night
I kind of had a life crisis break down today where I went hysterically sad for no particular reason & dad comforted me for a while before my sister & mum came along. We all just lay on the lounge & contemplated life while I had this strange moment of depression & confusion. Dad showed me a bible verse that kind of summarised how I felt. Basically the gist of it was that everything is meaningless. And then we lay around some more. It was actually so weird. It became a counselling session as well as an AA meeting.

In fact, whenever any of us said something strange & questionable, Sarah just kept saying "it's okay, we're all patients here".

It sort of ended with this conclusion.

Dad- It's just part of growing up with all that uncertainty and hormones. [...LOL?]
Mum- No, hormones is what Sarah is going through. Grace is going through a critical stage in her life. She's feeling overwhelmed.
Sarah- Woahwoahwoah, buddy. So when she goes crazy, she's going through some tragic critical stage in her life but when I happen to be sad, it's all just PMS ? You all suck.
Mum- Girls, how can you talk about private things like PMS so openly in front of dad ? He is a guy after all.

-both look doubtfully at her-

Me- Dad, do you know what PMS stands for?

It was then that we found out that he had thought it stood for Puberty Madness Syndrome up until that point. Wow, that whole thing was just so..

Anyway, Dad figured out that he had no idea what to say to help me out of that lifecrisis/criticaltime/PMS/whatever so he made us all dress up & took us out to the city for coffee & mocktails instead. My dad's impulses are pretty awesome. Piano in the rain CD soundtrack, Darling Harbour with Starbucks, green-tea macaroon, hot chocolate, & Sarah forcing me to give up all dignity to skip with her through the rain. It was just the perfect thing to both distract and cheer me up. My parents may not know what to do with me but they do the right things. Sarah just happens to be there. Honestly though, I had no idea what was wrong in the first place but it did feel better after that little escape.

That's just what happened tonight. I would blog about thoughts but I don't think I could articulate any of them right now so, you'll have to live with this for the time being. Hey, it's something :P