Saturday, October 8, 2011
and because i didn't do one yesterday - letter to my dreams
So am I seriously supposed to write a letter to my dreams ? I do not approve. I shall just tell you unwilling readers about them.

Letter 5 — Your dreams


Despite how weird and awkward I act in real life, my dreams are always as if they were written or a art video clip, poetry- really dark or beautiful. So I suppose the opposite of me. I never have funny or nonsensical dreams. I'll talk about the ones I can remember.
 
When I was young, I used to have dreams of what I was scared of most. I was standing on a circular tower at night but it was modern and futuristic, a glass window covering a whole wall, with someone telling my that my parents were dead but the person wasn't the least bit concerned. I guess you call that a nightmare but it was so calm and not horror/gore and still, I had a sinking and grieved feeling and I wanted to wake up but couldn't. I would never want that to happen and it's really bad just saying it. Like a trapped feeling? I'm guessing a lot of people have had this sort of nightmare before.
 
I had a series of those dreams when I was young and also a lot about trying to stop some people from coming into the house because they were supposed to be "the bad guys"- murderers or thieves or kidnappers. But the dreams always ended with them either forcing their way through or me struggling to bolt the door or me seeing them standing outside and being so scared that I'd accidentally let them in. Once in a dream, I had looked outside the window and seen a couple of them just looking up at the house and heading towards the front door and it was the worst nightmare; I had run to the door and leaned against it with all I could and pushed and pushed to close it but it wouldn't shut. I always wanted to close the door and, sometimes, the door would be open and I'd see a hand or a foot enter. I never got to see what happened afterwards- what happened when they made it in or if I ever just stayed safe. In real life, when the old-fashioned heavy metal door my house used to have got replaced by the prettier but lighter wooden and glass door we have now, I was terrified but I couldn't tell my parents about my stupid paranoia of the door always having to be strong and locked; as if the door is the ultimate protection. I still sort of have that but less now because hopefully I'm a little less insane.
 
This one is less nightmare. I wanted a dog once and had this dream of this adorable dog trying to run towards us and the dream was black and white or sepia toned [LOL yeah I just remember that] and there was this bridge that it couldn't cross. It kept running but it could never reach across the bridge and still I was happy because I had a dog but then it suddenly went colour and I blinked and the dog was gone.
 
I had this one more recently- like last year or two years ago. It was about rushing waterfalls and cliffs and I WAS A NINJA. Actually, I don't know if I was but I jumped from such high waterfalls and it was so free and refreshing but I landed on the rocks below so perfectly and I felt the force of it only in the air. I could feel the water and wind rushing. It's funny how easy it is in a dream but I wasn't scared at all and that is why I was convinced I was a ninja. I just kept going the like that the whole dream and it was cool and wet but when I woke up, it wasn't. It was a good dream.
 
Last week, I had what I imagine to be schizophrenia and I only realised it was what I had been dreaming about once I woke up but they were several hallucinations within a dream but sometimes I was crazily happy and sometimes so down. And all these happened in one dream- my contact lenses becoming jellyfish/octopuses as I tried to put them in and so many other Alice-In-Wonderland-esque things. I think it came from learning about it [slightly] in PE and watching Black Swan but all these weird things started happening that wasn't the norm of a dream because, in the dream, I would start screaming or crying or laughing at all my hallucinations and I would always yell at someone to help me because they weren't seeing what I was seeing and blaming them for not seeing it. I woke up feeling so sorry for the people who actually suffer from it- I think it's like being trapped in a nightmare.
 
Hopefully, you don't think I'm stranger than usual but I owe you guys a long post and most of these aren't that bad and I'm still trying to figure out a deeper meaning from them but I don't have one. Dreams are amazing things and it would be awesome to figure out how they work or more about where they come from.