Thursday, October 6, 2011
a soppy one- letter to my parents
I wanted to do a post related to Sarah's latest post on her blog and formspring but I'm scared of sounding fake or saying everything that's been said before. I'll do it soon but I have to word it well and not ramble aimlessly like I usually do. Either way and in advance conclusion: Sarah, you have absolutely no reason to feel insecure like that. I don't know many people who are as brilliant and lovely as you and it's really saddening for a lot of us to think that you feel inadequate or not good enough because you're much beyond that and I hope you see and believe that soon.


Letter 3 — Your parents


Dear Mum and Dad,
 
Thank you. Any kid would be lucky to have parents who are even a fraction as great as you are and I can't even imagine how much self-sacrifice, hard work and patience would have had to come from you to bring about the childhood and life I'm having. Thank you for raising me to be me, thank you for introducing to me the values, morals and experiences I've had rather than forcing them onto me. Thank you for all the laughter and how you put us above yourselves without hesitation. I wish I didn't take you for granted and always wish to be a better daughter. You have never made me feel unwanted or unloved, you have never compared me or discouraged me and you have protected me against so many things I didn't even know of. Sarah and I have heard the stories from our grandparents about how much you loved us as when we were born and we know that nothing has changed. Thank you for all the happiness and love you have let us grow up in and for being the parents that we'll always turn to wherever we go. So often, I'm selfish and think I'm all grown up but you always let me figure out my own lessons. Thank you for spoiling us like crazy and yet not screwing us up. Haha thank you for literally never making me study or threaten me to be better but growing that desire in me anyway. I'd wish for every child to have parents like you and always cringe when I think of parents that aren't anything like you. You've given me so much.

I love you,

Your epic daughter who managed to write all this even though you probably won't read it.

PS. I promise I'll show you this someday.


& END NOTE, WOW LAST POST I DID LAST NIGHT, I POSTED EXACTLY ON 11:11- not a second above or below. AMAZING.