Friday, December 16, 2011
400th- end of year 10
It seems fitting that the 400th blogpost is also the end of the 4th year of high school & soon, the beginning of the 5th- SENIOR YEARS. & for exactly this reason, it doesn't feel like 6 weeks of holidays but more like 6 weeks of prepping myself to not die & I hate people like myself who act so dramatic about these things, especially since I wasn't even sad about the whole junior years ending but more scared of the senior years beginning. I think that fact sums me up perfectly- I am heartless, neurotic & never carefree enough to truly live in the moment. But it's alright because I prefer that to people who act like the moment is all they got & go crazy or the people who can't let go of the past. Even though I forget the past & miss out on some of the present, I'm okay with being a future person even though it usually never comes. I've never regretted starting this blog because I've always got to scroll down or go through the archives to remember myself for just a moment before going back to thinking about the future. This blog is the only part of me that sort of lives in the past. Major cheese but it is. So because I'm not one for making & keeping new years resolutions. I shall make a pact for myself to survive & live out the next two years in the school I love dearly & with the people [Dad, Mum, sister, friends & strangers] who will be a part of it all. I promise I'll try & stay away from the usual because those are boring. So basically these & the usual [like study harder, be more carefree, get fitter, make friends etc.].#1 I will not use the words "gay", "retard", "sped" or any other politically incorrect terms as insults for obvious reasons. Actually, just to expand on that, get a better & more interesting vocabulary. Yeah, even get rid of "awesome" because you say it every second sentence.
#2 FIND A FREAKING HOBBY. LIKE SERIOUSLY. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT WITH ANYONE ANYMORE.
#3 Eat snails again, yum.
#4 Get L plate & annoy parents & other drivers by living in the parking lot & stealing all parking spots before other cars can get to them. Upon doing this, yell out "LOL JOKES" & let them have the spot. This skill might take some time to perfect & may get me bashed.
#5 Yeah, have to come to this one. Study your ass off.
#6 Find people willing to be friends with you.
#7 Again, quit procrastinating & do any of the above [except the fun ones because they're probably the things you're doing to procrastinate with].
#8 If you can't find people who want to be friends with you, hire some actors to be.
#9 Be a lovely daughter because your parents deserve it like crazy & much more beyond.
Today was an amazing day with family. Sarah went to visit her primary school [Matthew Pearce] like the year 7 graduate she is & we went to Castle Towers before with Mum to eat at Caffe Sul Ponte & shop. Dad came home in the evening & the family ate at Red Spoon Thai at the Piazza & then drank hot chocolate & coffee at The Coffee Club. A very pampered & relazing start to the holidays.
Good luck to the year 12s who got their atars back ! Trust in God's plan for you.