Tuesday, December 13, 2011
failed Christmas shopping
This morning, we.. harvested crap from the hydroponics system, like this gooey, smooshy root thing of some plant out of the holes & it was disgusting at first & probably still is but it ended up being sort of fun. We had to cut the plant off then dig around in the holes for the neverending & difficult roots. Like Ding said, kind of like doing surgery ["pass the knife", "I've almost got it"]. All the same, very grateful I'm not doing ag next year. In maths, we watched a History of Maths documentary with all that was remaining of the grade stuffed into one room; it was so mind-numbingly dull that a teacher fell asleep but it was bludgy so I can't complain. Wait, yeah I can, it was super gross because on top of that, we learned placement test results. I think I had averageish, hoping for maths 2 but won't really care if I get into maths 3. During recess, I discovered that they are fully out of senior uniform & so I shall have to wear junior uniform to school next year. Science was doing an experiment I didn't really understand but I did it anyway. Double PE was legit bludge. I know everything isn't very serious & everything is doing nothing but I still can't wait for school to end. I'm going to collapse from wanting this week to end that badly. And that's what you missed on GLEE.

Went to Castle Towers to shop for Mum and Dad's christmas presents but ended up buying one for my sister instead- it's a birthstone/pendant thing that I wanted but decided against my usually very selfish instincts to get one for her Taurus instead of my Aquarius. I wandered from store to store, sort of wavering near "Potts Avenue" & the store next to it- can't remember the name- but it's this special, cute, ridiculously expensive gift shop where I spotted a wooden/stone figurine with a father & two daughters which fits perfectly expect I think Dad would find it impractical, which it is, & I didn't want to spend so much money on a bit of wood/stone. So I decided to get smoked salmon waffles instead. In my defence, I really couldn't think of what my parents would want because they never let on any hints & my Dad outrightly said, "I have everything I want" while looking lovingly at Sarah & I but we all know that, deep down, he wants something. Same with Mum. I swear I'll figure it out even though shopping for them is impossible because they're both so different from me & yet still don't have defined wish lists. This is probably the first year I'm actually buying presents for my family & not expecting my parents to still act the part of Santa. Looking forward to this Christmas for different reasons than the other years because of this & certain other reasons.