Saturday, December 10, 2011
Costco, house auction, grandparents' house
I spent pretty much the whole day out with my family today.We left early & had maccas for breakfast to get to Costco for the first time [well first time in Australia for Dad, Sarah and I] and Mum's second. It was pretty fun, just having this massive shopping spree mostly for our food..yeah, a lot of it food. Money well spent. Lots and lots of fun. We then had lunch at Sarah's favourite Sakae in Eastwood where it's pretty embarrassing because we go there so often, the owner is fully like "the usual" and we just nod, trying to be cool and failing. Then we dumped Sarah at her tutoring and the three of us went to a house auction in the city which was exciting because even though we were like randoms who just went there for fun. The house was sort of small but had a view of the harbour & the upstairs was gorgeous with a kitchen joined to a dining room and living room. It was so fresh and nice but cosy. Dad put out the opening bid which was stupid because if no one bid against us then we'd have to pay over $1 million for a house we weren't even serious about. Not that I wasn't the one who urged him to do it but it was fun because this Indian family bid against us & then it became a competition which they ended ahah, we'd never buy it but it was cool just the same. After a seafood dinner [mostly from Costco], we went to visit my grandparents [dad's side] to show my formal photos, talk about cousins and Heesoo & then grandma gave Sarah & I some rings that change colour [mine is engraved with "Banff" because she got it from Canada] with the weather & gave me another a ring that looks really lovely & old & patterned but real silver. I always feel sad receiving presents from grandparents & parents because I feel guilty & always obligated to keep them, treasure them because they link back to the memory of receiving them & so I have a stash of them, always too afraid to wear them because I lose things. I don't know if you still think that way but I'm sort of scared that one day I'll look at a piece of jewellry or note & forget how I got it or who it came from.