Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Pottermore
I joined Pottermore today. AHAH like half a year late but Sarah & I enjoyed it all the same. I didn't really have time to explore & read everything so I just did the Sorting Hat & am now officially a Slytherin. That was really unexpected but it made me happy. Sarah's a Ravenclaw so we have this weird notion that we're enemies & we started talking up our houses which we only just joined. I really thought a fight was going to break out. Pretty proud. Thought I'd be in Hufflepuff [definitely didn't want to be] but apparently not. Yay ! & yeah, I think the only reason I joined was to see what house I'd be in, probably not going to login anymore. Maybe after half yearlies.
Also, Edward's visiting for 2 days after just coming back from maths camp, that nerd. & he's grown so tall, like 180. We hung yesterday, cooked kbbq with Dad, watched 'Australia's Got Talent' & trolled each other's phones. Mum mentioned medicine again at dinner & we both cringed ahah.I think we were pretty competitive during childhood but that's died down.. now that I've realised that there's no way I can compete LOL, jokes, I don't actually care about that but it's really sad that everyone's growing up & Sarah's supposed to be the youngest on Mum's side of the family but she's already in high school. It's just all saddening & especially my grandparents starting to look older & can't really describe it, but losing strength or liveliness ? I get really melancholy thinking about it but also really excited that one day, we'll all be independent & in uni or at work eventually. About being happy & sad for different stages of life, this awkward in-between process sucks though. Tomorrow, we may or may not watch Hunger Games. I'm very reluctant to go out these holidays.
A few more random things I just thought about--
# Ashley from church keeps saying that she has dreams about my Mum.. if that isn't weird enough, apparently it happens regularly & she once had a dream where my Mum loved Ashley & Lisa more than me & Sarah. FUNNY GIRL :D
# Maybe it's due to the lack of social contact or something but I've been talking increasingly more in a British accent this holidays, maybe it's my true accent. Wow, sound so bimbo.
# Sent Steele my eng essay & she was really nice in the email, saying "there are some highs & some lows". Read the attached essay that was fully edited everywhere. Sighh, probably have to work on that tonight as well.
WELL, thanks for reading, chaps. Back to work (: