Friday, June 22, 2012
Prefect, lots of congratulations & an egg-shaped present
So today..Period 1 was completely uneventful. Everyone was falling asleep in physics because Bialy wouldn't stop talking about circuits & fuses & whatnot. So.. we were about to die.
Periods 2-3 which should have been bio but PREFECT RESULTS. Jess & I were just being stoned & talking about how our substitute teacher's evilness was being revealed & how it was increasing exponentially [you know how new teachers always seem so sweet & nice before their true character is exposed] when we heard a knock on the door. Far out, current prefects are such trolls. A few basically came into our class & told us a couple of us were in trouble & we had to go see the principal which we knew was a lie & it was pretty unoriginal. UNTIL they started announcing our names in a capella- like it was a quartet singing out each name. So funny. It was really saddening to see so many people who deserved it & would've made amazing prefects miss out but, at the same time, we were too relieved to linger on that. They rounded us up to the quad & then to Barrengarry house where a few people were already there & I just want to take up this space to say how everyone in that room deserved it fifty times over. They were just the people I was expecting to see & hoping to see [although there were a few that I was looking for but they never came :(]. It was pride for myself but mostly for everyone else.
They gave us letters to take home to our parents & a sheet where we had to list all our achievements over school life. We then spent the whole period voting for school captain, vice captain, senior prefect & sports captains. Each one was completely expected but they all deserved it so much & so incredibly proud of them :') I was thinking of doing a dedication for each of them but it honestly takes too much effort & also, Kerry stalks this so he might get a bloated ego & who knows what will happen then :P But really, so excited to be a prefect along such brilliant people & under such awesome leaders so 2012/2013 will be amazing to say the least. So congratulations everyone, especially to our new school captain, Miss Jessica Zeng. (:
We were then quickly introduced to the rest of the school just before recess which was exciting, simple & cold. It was touching when juniors randomly came up & hugged/congratulated us afterwards because it made us feel loved. All except my sister who looked at me awkwardly before trying to walk away so I had to strangle her into a hug. It was quite nice. Catherine, Maddie & I spent all recess trying to sell overpriced Aboriginal bracelets which Baulko made. It was difficult business.
English was the funniest. Love Steele so much. She just skipped over the end of Lear, going "oh my gosh, enough of this. They all die. The end", seeing as it took too long to read it. The lesson before, she had accidentally said Gonorrhea instead of Gonerill which was bound to happen but it was epic when it did. Today was a lot more calm. She just told us how much we sucked at essays. The end.
Maths was maths. Nothing much ever happens in maths but fear, silence & complete agreement with that silence. People in the class understand what this means.
Free period meant frantically copying phys homework. Michael kept insisting I owe him hash browns which I suppose is justified due to a bet although Suren saying that she should get some too is simply ridiculous. It was really crowded with mod & ancient people bludging. People who had frees were studying harder.
Maths again. LOL.
After school, I bought my sister an egg. No joke, a regal purple case in the shape of an egg. It was meant as a thank you present for putting up with my mood during the week but after I bought it, I was just thinking "what. the hell. I bought her an egg?". In my defence, it looks like this.
Well, isn't it pretty at least?
I showed Margaret & she was like "I'm sure she appreciates eggs" very doubtfully. Lulu also had a rather condescending look in regard to my egg. Maybe I'm just terrible at choosing gifts. Managed to survive Matrix with them two & Ngo. Esther's dad picked us up. Parents were at guyokyebe so Sarah was the only one at home so I delivered my present. My sister was like "WHY THE HELL DID YOU SPEND $45 ON AN EGG WHEN WE COULD'VE SPENT IT ON BETTER THINGS LIKE FOOD?". But she thanked me anyway even though she thinks I'm a noob big sister & we spent quite a bit of time laughing over nothing. Again, no time for deep ponderings which I was going to post but today was more eventful than others so I'll leave it here.
I hope this extra long post makes up for my neglect & strangeness over the week. Have a great weekend children.