The Obligatory Annual Rant on Prefect Voting
After dinner, when I got on Facebook, two people immediately started chatting to me and I thought this. was. it. That monumental day when I suddenly had friends and people were willingly talking to me. But no, that was not the case at all. Apparently prefect voting is soon so they were asking to trade votes. I found that pretty awkward because I would have voted for those people anyway & really hated the idea of trading votes. At first, I was getting annoyed as more of them just started popping up on chat & even when friends who wanted to talk about something else popped up, I immediately thought "ohhh, not you too" [ahah sorry Rae, you just wanted to talk about cake].
But then I realised it's not actually a fault on their part because it simply means that they thought I wouldn't vote for them otherwise. I'm not just saying it when I say all these people are lovely, awesome & definitely people I'd vote for anyway & I think it wasn't right for me to be annoyed when they're not trying to use me but just insecure & wanting to make sure they do everything they can for something they want. I think I'm one of those people so it would be hugely hypocritical of me to judge them for it. However, trading votes is still wrong & if you get voted, it shouldn't be because you're voting for them also. If you're buying votes with votes, that's pretty much a sure sign that you aren't good prefect material. It's a pretty simple concept, right? So yes, if I want to vote for you I will. If you want to ask, I'll definitely consider it because I'm going to be asking too. If you ask to trade votes, it'll depend completely on whether I was going to vote for you anyway. I guess it's really about how and why you're asking.
--
So Mum wasn't feeling well again today & Dad went on this gigantic man's night out, long weekend camping trip with all these other dads from church so Sarah & I ordered pizza & pasta of which Mum didn't eat. I cut up a piece of the pizza without cheese so she could have a bit that wouldn't make her more sick but yeah, pretty bleak day today. Sarah brightened it up a bit like always but mostly because she's a retard. After church, we dropped Mum off at home. Sarah & I tagged along with Dad as he bought supplies for his man's night out so we just ate at food court & finished it off with passion fruit cheesecake & hot chocolate from Gloria Jeans. Also, held a secret meeting for Dad's birthday present. He then dragged us off the Bunnings to buy petrol and he literally bought like 5 large metal boxes of it & neither of us could understand why. Sarah kept accusing him of going to Melbourne because she likes accusing people of going to Melbourne in particular for some reason. & Dad was like "why not Adelaide?". Sarah thought about it for a second & just went "Nah, nah, Melbourne's where it's at. Definitely Melbourne". Yeah, so she's convinced he's leaving us for there.
Other than that, it was nice to go to church after missing it for 2 weeks- everyone's quite the same and they had an election up at the main adult service to choose the elders so HSB had to sit around, eating bread & drinking juice, while the teachers went to vote. It ended up with a lot of bread throwing because we didn't want to eat it. Oh, also, while this is completely irrelevant to my life, this year 7 girl [a certain sister of Esther's] got a boyfriend who also goes to the church so as soon as I saw her, I sat her down & was immediately like "so... let's talk about your relationship status ;)" & I made her run away.
---
Something that challenged me during that time of throwing bread & drinking juice.
Some days are better than others
The struggle within is a constant struggle, it goes back and forth,
Some days are better than others
Laughing, crying, living, dying,
it's a circle- a very exhausting circle.
Continuing in faith but almost losing hope,
Some days are better than others
The enemy pulls one way- he is so strong
My Saviour has his arms around me, holding me tight
The enemy shouts "why didn't you save her?"
And my Saviour whispers, "I did"
Some days are better than others