Thursday, January 27, 2011
amazing books, incredible authors
"These were the lovely bones that had grown around my absence: the connections - sometimes tenuous, sometimes made at great cost, but often magnificent - that happened after I was gone. And I began to see things in a way that let me hold the world without me in it. The events that my death wrought were merely the bones of a body that would become whole at some unpredictable time in the future. The price of what I came to see as this miraculous body had been my life.”"There was too much blood in the earth".
"I could not have what I wanted most: Mr Harvey dead and me living. Heaven wasn't perfect. But I came to believe that if I watched closely, and desired, I might change the lives of those I loved on Earth".
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
The only thing that could come between these sisters... is a kingdom.
- The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory
"It's all in the view. That's what I mean about forever, too. For any one of us our forever could end in an hour, or a hundred years from now. You never know for sure, so you'd better make every second count."
- The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
Favourite books, favourite authors. I just finished reading The Lovely Bones & it's brilliant; brings epiphanies. The reviews are spot on; haunting, savagely beautiful, "Don't start the Lovely Bones unless you can finish it. The book begins with more horror than you could imagine, but closes with more beauty than you could hope for".